Hysteroscopy / Adhesion Prevention
OXIPLEX®/IU for Intrauterine Adhesions
Adhesion barriers are a proven method of enhancing good surgical technique by reducing post-surgical adhesions. Intrauterine (IU) adhesions are bands of scar tissue that form between the inner walls of the uterus and are common following dilation & curattage, pregnancy termination and intrauterine surgical procedures. IU Adhesions cause problems such as infertility, pain and discomfort, menstrual cycle abnormalities, dysmenorrhea and recurrent pregnancy loss.
Efficacious, Easy to Use and Precise
OXIPLEX ADHESION BARRIER GEL – EXCEPTIONAL CLINICAL RESULTS
Di Spiezio Sardo et al used Oxiplex/AP following hysteroscopic metroplasty to expand dysmorphic uteri in a prospective, observational study in 30 infertile women.
- Oxiplex/AP gel was applied into the uterine cavity at the completion of the procedure through the in ow channel of the hysteroscope.
- At the mean follow-up of 15 months, clinical pregnancy rate was 57% and term delivery rate was 65%.
- Low incidence of post surgical synechiae attributed to the use of Oxiplex/AP gel.
Di Spiezio Sardo et al used Oxiplex/AP following hysteroscopic surgery in a randomized study of 110 patients.
- Follow-up at one month showed that Oxiplex/AP treated patients had fewer ‘de novo’ adhesions (6% vs 22%) compared to control.
- Patients treated with Oxiplex/AP also demonstrated improvement in the degree of patency of the internal uterine osteum.
Fuchs et al. used Oxiplex/AP following hysteroscopic surgery in a randomized study of 52 women.
- Follow up at 20 months showed that Oxiplex/AP treated patients had fewer moderate to severe intra-uterine adhesions (4% vs 14%) compared to control.
- Patients treated with Oxiplex/AP had an improved fertility rate (27% vs 14%) compared to controls.
Read more at www.fziomed.com
Please contact your Normedi Sales Representative for more information.